Minimum age to purchase alcohol is 21 years old.
Anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent of guardian to enter the store. Any person underage is not permitted to handle any of the merchandise.

It is the responsibility of the customer to prove that they are 21 years of age. Any person entering the store must submit identification upon request. Acceptable form of identification are:

      A Valid U.S. Drivers License
      A Valid NC Identification Card
      A Valid US Passport
    A Valid US Military ID

Foreign Drivers License or ID is NOT an acceptable form of identification

ALE Alcohol Law Enforcement

The Hendersonville Alcohol Law Enforcement division is responsible for ensuring the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control laws (Blue Laws) are followed. ALE officers can enforce any of our state and local laws, but primarily focus on alcohol and drug infractions. All establishments holding a permit for the sale of distilled spirits are subject to periodic inspections by an ALE agent to ensure compliance with North Carolina Blue Laws. Violations are reported to the NC ABC Commission by the ALE agents, and appropriate penalties are determined by the commission.

The Hendersonville ABC Board proudly supports our local ALE division with annual funding and complete cooperation in relevant investigations. ALE receives funding from ABC not only for their law enforcement duties, but also for their efforts in education. The ALE offers an educational program to any ABC permitted establishment on the responsible sale of alcohol. The program includes; underage sales, acceptable forms of identification, procedures for handling and storing alcohol, identifying intoxicated individuals, liability of over serving patrons, rights of refusal, etc. This program is offered at no charge, so contact your local ALE agent to schedule this valuable training to ensure your team is compliant.

MXB Mixed Beverage

Mixed beverage refers to alcohol sold to restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. This alcohol is intended for resale and must receive a tax stamp before leaving the store. ABC permittees are required to pay an additional tax in order to resale the alcohol within their own business. It is unlawful to resale alcohol without first being a permitted establishment and second, paying the additional tax indicated with a stamp on the bottle that ABC employees distribute before the alcohol leaves the store.

Ordering Procedures for Mixed Beverage Customers

-Orders can be placed by telephone, fax, or delivered in person to your assigned store location

-Church Street Store(#1) Phone: (828) 693-4112

Fax: (828) 693-4114

-Thompson Street Store(#2) Phone: (828) 693-4115

Fax: (828) 233-5717

-Orders may be made Monday-Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm

-Orders should be picked up before 7:00pm the same day

-When placing the order, Please give the numeric code associated with the item followed by the number of bottles needed. It is also important to give the code numbers in ascending numeric order.


Suppose you want to order 2 bottles of Jim Beam, 3 bottles of Jack Daniels, and 5 bottles of Smirnoff Vodka. Your order should look like this:

24100 X 2

32479 X 3

44152 X 5

-Orders must be paid in person by cash, check or credit card. We accept VISA, Master Card, Discover, and American Express. If, for any reason a payment is rejected, customer will be required to make cash payments on all future orders.

If you have any questions, please contact the manager at your assigned store location

Store # 1 – Eric Peace (828) 693-4112

Store # 2 – William “Bill” Coleman (828) 693-4115


Transportation Permits

In accordance with North Carolina ABC laws, a customer may only purchase up to eight (8) liters of alcohol (distilled spirits) from our stores without a transportation permit. With a transportation permit, the customer may purchase up to forty (40) liters of alcohol and subsequently transport their purchase within the State of North Carolina . A transportation permit is issued free of charge at the store, and is valid until 9:30 p.m. on the date it is issued.

If you need a permit on the day of the purchase, you can obtain an additional permit by returning to one of our stores and advising us how much you need to relocate. Our sales associates are unable to provide “blank” permits to patrons.

Transportation permits are also available (and necessary) when purchasing large quantities of wine. The quantity limits for fortified wine are the same as the aforementioned limits described for alcohol (distilled spirits). However, a customer may purchase up to twenty (20) liters of unfortified wines without a transportation permit and a maximum of 100 liters with a transportation permit. Customers planning to purchase large quantities of wine may obtain a permit from an ABC store at no charge.

Note: A permit is not required for the purchase of beer. However, a person cannot legally purchase more than 80 liters of beer per transaction, except in kegs.

For additional statutory information on ABC Board policies, please see the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission website.